Saturday, July 16, 2011

Life update...

No recipe today...but the promise of one soon!

I figured it would be a good idea to update everyone on our life in general...not just on what we eat!

Lane and I celebrated our 1st anniversary on the 7th of this month, and got to spend a relaxing weekend a few hours away from home at an adorable English bed and breakfast. It was so much fun! ((I love you babe!))

Just yesterday, Lane interviewed for and was offered a new job. This was perfect God-timing for our family! He was able to have a few weeks off since the last job, and is healthy again. Hopefully no more big illnesses are headed his way any time soon!
Lane at breakfast on our anniversary weekend away.


I am 32 1/2 weeks pregnant now, and getting very ready to have this little guy here and with us rather than inside me! No health problems, mom and baby are doing great, but my tummy is getting big and I'm ready for it to be small(er) again!
Preggo mommy around 31 weeks


Ethan is enjoying his summer time by spending the night at Nu-nuh and Papa's house, playing on the porch with Lady and getting to spend time with Mommy *and* Daddy! Next week he and I are going to start working on some "schoolwork" for him...he's already brilliant, I want to channel that into something productive early!
Daddy and Ethan playing play-doh for the first time.


As a family, we have started couponing, and working towards being a cash-only family. We are learning a lot from others both online and in our extended family who have been doing this for awhile, and are enjoying spending less and less each week on groceries and other expenses!

Lane and I start back to school at the end of August, so we're enjoying the last of our summer time too. It's nice to be off school, but it will be nice to be back into the schoolwork schedule for our days and have a little more daily structure.

I'm hoping to get started on all my scrapbooks soon too! I have over 500 pictures printed and ready to go, as well as tons of pages and 4 or 5 brand new empty books just waiting for my creative touch!

I'll be sure to keep updating as our life continues to change and our family grows. Keep an eye out for new recipes coming soon! I have a brand new chocolate cake recipe book, as well as a great "regular" cookbook that I will be starting to pull from more and more as the weeks go on (and I get more organized!).

God Bless!
*Hillary* (and the rest of the Wallace clan)

No comments:

Post a Comment